The most awards won by all independent agencies and design firms
in the entire USA 3 years in a row from Graphic Design USA.
As the creative the main force at Randy Richards Design Group, Randy brings 30 years of experience
to your projects and helps you win in today's tough environment at reasonable prices.
Prior to starting Randy Richards Design Group, Randy was formally trained by the very best! That includes a degree in advertising and communication design from prestigious Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY where one special instructor was the most famous graphic designer in history; Paul Rand!
Randy also was trained on Madison Avenue, NYC in the 1980s from the very best at Young&Rubicam, Backer Spielvogal and Ted Bates advertising. He was the global creative leader driving all creative and building solid brand cultures at Stanley Black & Decker, BIC Pens, The Hartford, ESPN / Walt Disney and RollEase - all with great success. He was one of the pioneers evolving todays culture from print to digital.
Richards established many popular design trends today, and in 2000, was the first designer of record who established the European "No Language" packaging that everyone uses today, by using symbols and icons to communicate functionality and features.
"My teams and I have helped many small and large companies get outstanding sales while strengthening their brands. We can help your business achieve great things too! Every project no matter the size is very important to us and we demand perfection in everything we do for you.
We treat your business like it was our business - we care that much!"
- Randy Richards
Randy Richards, president
RRDG historical achievements and impact on
today's design culture:
- Prior to running his own successful design company, Randy was global creative
director at several major corporations driving all creative globally; BIC, The Hartford,
ESPN/Walt Disney, RollEase and Stanley Black&Decker where he was also
Brand Council co-chairman.
- Won hundreds of awards and RRDG won the most awards the last 3 years in a row
from GDUSA Graphic Design USA competitions - more than any independent design
firm or agency in the entire USA.
- Famous Brands/logos designed: Cabbage Patch Kids Baby Koosas, ESPN Radio,
Bostitch, MacTools, Proto, Husky, Hardrock Denim, Personna, Stanley, Stanley:
Fatmax, Workwear, Antivibe, Simoniz, AGS, Comfortzone, Black&Decker Paints
and Paint Sundries, Pennzoil Automotive products, Alton, The Hartford, BIC: Shaver,
Shaver sensitive Skin, ClicStic, SoftFeel, 4 Color Pen, Rollease.
- Designed one of the very first websites for a major corporation in 1998; The Hartford
Financial Internet and Intranet websites.
- In 1989 he invented the BIC Wavengths Line of pens that tapped into a new market
and was the first official first designer of putting designs on pens; art/wraps/graphics
that you see on writing instruments everywhere today.
- Designed one of the Cabbage Patch Kids Logos and packages for Baby Koosas
and was part of the succussful cabbage Patch Kids marketing sales story.
- 2001 created the EU/European package design rules standards guide used
everywhere today while at Stanley Black & Decker. With 25 languages, he used
trademarked symbols & photos to show features. Product names were trademarked
logos for fronts and translated on backsides.
- Started in 2002, Split screen art showing the same scene or subject matter at
different times connecting/lining them up on left and right sides of the page.
These are seen in fine art, advertising and TV everywhere in the world now.
- Randy's fineart won many museum awards and has had shows at Museums,
and galleries in Connecticut and Lower east side manhattan, NYC. Best of show
award from MMOA Mystic Museum of Art 2022 Bascule Bridge
100th anniversary show.
President, Creative Director
Senior Vice President
Kyle Richards, senior art director, senior VP
- Having successfully played professional baseball for 4 years, Kyle loves to win and beat the competition.
He brings a special competitive edge to help our clients succeed on all projects.
- Kyle learns unbelievable quickly and is on top of the latest technology. Starting as a designer for Randy Richards Design Group, in just 3 years has risen to top management level. Kyle contributes to all types of projects but specializes in video and photo content. In 2020 was promoted to Senior vice president after finding ways to help our customers succeed during very tough covid times.
- Kyle has also been one of the main models/actors in many of the commercials, videos and photoshoots done for Stanley Black & Decker and is the look of Stanley Workwear and the look of Dewalt.
- He has a formal training degree from Florida Southern College and a natural creative ability. Comining these with an expert level Illustrator, photoshop and AfterEffects skills, has helped him evolve several brands and produce award-winning projects at RRDG for their many clients.
Dan Deming, Senior design director
Dan came to RRDG with major experience and a long track record of outstanding results.
Dan started in 2021 and won awards right away. RRDG's won the most awards in the entire USA from Graphic Design USA in both 2021 & 2022. Dan was a part of those achievements as well.
Dan's many years experience from Stanley Black & Decker make him a valuable asset to RRDG contributing to the SBD Licensing customers, and all out Home and construction customers. His construction and Home products experience as well as his packaging and merchandising experience are also huge assets to RRDG. Dan works on a variety of projects and brings an award-winning creative value and positive energy to everything he works on.
Kyle has proven to be an outstanding videographer and
video editor on top of his advanced graphic design skills.
He drives content and understands todays digital online
sales opportunities providing creative work that exceeds
customer expectations while adhering to brand standards.
Dewalt Photoshoot with visiting customer
(Left to right) Randy Richards, Kyle Richards, Luigi Pizzola
The rest of the team:
We are a small but powerful design force building new brands and achieving countless successes
every year for our customers including the 2020-2021 pandemic years! We measure our success from our customers success. We care that much!
Because we stay small we are able to offer the highest level design agency creative work at more
We have a small but highly skilled in-house group of designers. We also utilize many freelancers and associates with specialized skills that allow us to handle and produce large workloads with meticulous detail and to the highest quality standards that our customers demand from us.
Either Randy, Kyle or Dan are personally involved in every project making certain project goals are met and the very highest level of creativity and quality is part of every project. We are very responsive and available nights and weekends.
Senior Director of Design